My Plan to secure a better future for Sutton,
Cheam and Worcester Park
1. Protect and enhance valued local health services like St Helier Hospital
Conservatives are making the NHS more efficient and effective so people know the NHS will be there for them and their families, offering only the highest standards of care. I’ll bring residents together to ensure clinicians know that services at St Helier must remain.
2. Secure more great school places for all local children in Sutton
Demand for places is highest in the north of Sutton, so I’ll continue to call for a new school on the derelict site at Rosehill. Labour failed to invest in the next generation, this government has provided £55.2m for new places – I’ll ensure this is spent so our children get the best education.
3. Make high street parking easier to help our local independent shops thrive
To help build a healthy local economy which creates more jobs for local people, I’ll work to introduce more stop & shop parking. I’ll also call on the Council to assess the viability of releasing empty loading bays in North Cheam and Cheam Village to motorists at less busy times of day.
4. Give commuters a better quality of life by improving our borough’s transport links
I’m campaigning for Crossrail 2 to stop at Worcester Park station and for an extension of the London Overground from West Croydon to Sutton. As a former commuter myself, I invited the government minister responsible for major rail projects to Sutton to hear my plans.
5. Take heavy goods vehicles off residential roads surrounding Kimpton Industrial Park
I’ll continue to work together with local residents on a plan of action to reduce the number of HGVs using residential roads around Kimpton Industrial Park. HGVs are not suitable for residential roads and deprive local people of the peace of mind they deserve.
6. Relocate the proposed medical centre on Henderson Hospital to Sutton Hospital
Residents in Belmont that I surveyed rank a new healthcare facility as their favoured use for the Sutton hospital site. A school will be very expensive as the council don’t own the land. We should relocate the medical centre which is currently proposed for the Henderson hospital site.